How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4474
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My son has a daughter shes almost 6 months old, she is on a

This answer was rated:

My son has a daughter shes almost 6 months old, she is on a child protection plan due to arguments and allegations the mother made during her pregnancy, my son was arrested 3 times with NFA as the outcome. My son is named on the birth certificate, social services seem to move at a snails pace. The mother continues to make false allegations to block contact, she continues to play games even though we tell the social worker what will happen before it does, my son has never refused contact and pays more each month in child support than is stated, can someone please help us ?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No not yet..
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No , my son has done everything required of him as far as social services are concerned, I just feel enough is not being done to safeguard my granddaughter even though I have raised concerned about the mothers mental health

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Thank you for explaining the background, are you asking if there is anything further your son can do to get contact?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I cant speak to anyone ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
can u clarify. 44 pound for a phone call that initially I was told my answers could be found online ?

You can request a call, but it will be picked up by another expert as I don't make calls.

I can assist you online, but you'll need to tell me what it is you are asking, as per my initial question to you.

However, the answer is fairly straightforward if the father and mother cannot agree about the child arrangements together. They should try mediation as a first port of call; he will need to attend a MIAM at the very least before applying to court. If mediation is unsuccessful or the other parent won’t engage, the mediator will sign his form and he will be able to apply to court for a child arrangements order. The C100 form lists exemptions for those who do not have to attend mediation - your son should check to see if he is eligible to skip the requirement.

The CAO is applied for on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child after taking all the concerns raised by either party into consideration. The court is likely to want a s7 or s37 welfare report to find out what is going on and to make recommendations to the court as to what should happen. As SS are already involved, this will be a s37 report written by the social worker already involved in the case. If there was no SS input it would be a s7 report done by CAFCASS. There will also be police and SS background checks carried out initially by CAFCASS to produce a safeguarding letter for the first court hearing.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

If you have any queries about what I have written in response to your situation, please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am aware of the above.
My son was arrested 3 times last year the out come was NFA, These allegations were lies , the mother has now made yet another allegation to the social worker which is untrue, can he report her to the police for harassment you something ? The mother is yet again using this to block contact which she does regularly, I truly believe social services are aware of her games , but that doesn't help in the short term, the mother needs stopping before my son harms himself. Hes a amazing father
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you advise please

He can make a report to the police if he feels that the mother is making false allegations.

If the mother continues to block contact then the only route to resolve that is court.

SASH_Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you