plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Have a 3 week old and I want to see my kid more, I haven’t

Customer Question

Have a 3 week old and I want to see my kid more JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court? Customer: I haven’t went through legal, right now just through the mum but she’s telling when and and we agree to something and she’s always changing her mind JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in? Customer: i live in London and she lives in South Yorkshire JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: no

I have a kid whos 3 weeks old and his mum don’t want to make any effort or think about me and my relationship with my kids. I’ve moved out the home in Yorkshire because she kicked me out to move back to London where I’m originally from. I was meant to see him Thursday to Sunday and now Friday to Sunday but drop him off sunday morning, I’m being told what to do, how to be and if she’s unhappy then I get punished. She’s always changing her mind.

Area of law: England-and-Wales

Expert:  plclegal replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

You are going to have to try formal channels to put in place something that is going to be regular and reliable - for both you and your child.

Mediation has to be the first point of call as it is a legal requirement prior to issuing an application in the family court.

You start this process by attending family mediation - see here for a link to find your local mediator:

http://www.nfm.org.uk/.

Assessments are usually around £30-£40, and the mediator will advise as to how many sessions might be required. Mediation is a collaborative approach and allows you to talk through issues and concerns in a safe and protective environment.

Following that, if the mediation does not succeed in a successful agreement, you can apply to the family court for a child arrangements order (see below description), setting out the living arrangements and contact arrangements that you would like to see.

You would apply on a c100 form, here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

You send 3 copies of this form to the local family court centre.

Alternatively, you can apply online:

https://apply-to-court-about-child-arrangements.service.justice.gov.uk/?utm_source=formfinder.

There will be a court hearing after you apply and a family court adviser will be there in attendance too (from CAFCASS).

The application costs £215.00, and you can represent yourself so you don't need to engage a lawyer. You can also possibly get a fee exemption if you are on low income/have low savings.

For this you would need to fill out a fee exemption form: http://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter