plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Im being assessed by social services tomorrow as I'm going

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.im being assessed by social services tomorrow as I'm going for custody of my grandchildren but I'm very scared I won't be able to answer there questions correctly in a way they want to hear.so please can you help understand the true meaning of social mental physical emotional and educational need.
JA: Sorry. Please ask it again.
Customer: I need help I'm being assessed by social services
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes its been to court.my assessment starts tomorrow but I want to know the true meaning of certain things
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Can you explain the meaning of social mental physical emotional and educational needs to me please
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello have I done this correctly as I haven't herd anything back.
Expert:  plclegal replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 days ago.

OK, these terms aren't there to trip you up, don't worry!

I'll give some examples:

Social - interaction with family/ friends/ other children, also religion/ cultural ties, sociable, happy to be around adults as well as children.

Mental - making sure the child is stimulated and engaged, happy and calm.

Emotional - providing love warmth, secure attachment and stability.

Educational - ensuring they attend school and supporting them in homework etc, looking at wider opportunities for out of school activities.

Physical - ensuring they are healthy, keeping up to date with medical appointments, good diet, regular exercise and sport etc, selfcare skills, this sort of thing.

This isn't an exhaustive list of examples, just some thoughts to give you and idea of the areas they would be discussing.

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 3 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter