SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Have grand parents any rights to see grandchildren, No,

Have grand parents any rights to see grandchildren
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: County Durham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I live in Scotland

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Yes but they are not automatic rights so if the parents refuse you contact you would need to apply to court for contact. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hiw do I apply
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can u tell me how to apply

Hi thank you for your message. Unless there is violence and abuse involved you would be required to go through mediation first, if that fails then you can contact your local family court and they will provide you with the form to apply for the Contact Order. Details for who can conduct mediation are below;

Relationships Scotland
0345(###) ###-####nbsp;(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Relationships Scotland's network provides relationship counselling, family mediation and other family support services across Scotland. Search for a mediator in your area.

CALM Scotland
0141(###) ###-####br/>
CALM Scotland offers mediation services from experienced lawyer-mediators that can help with ways of resolving issues and problems after a separation.

Scottish Mediation
Find a local mediation service on the Scottish Mediation website.