How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1710
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

My ex partner is refusing to make a parenting agreement and

This answer was rated:

My ex partner is refusing to make a parenting agreement and being abusive to me
JA: What steps has your ex partner taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No. We separated aroubnd a year ago but communication has broken down and he is refusing to attend mediation
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your ex partner live in?
Customer: essex
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to put a child arrangements order or a parenting agreement in place because he is abusive and untrustworthy but he is refusing
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good morning, if ex partner is refusing mediation as long as you attend if he doesn’t and then mediator signs off the paperwork then you can proceed with the C100 child arrangements application.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

AkuaK and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you. I have a mediation appointment booked for myself on Monday and he has told me he won't attend his session and he doesn't care about my views or feelings on childcare. He says that my wanting to put a parenting agreement in place is me controlling him and he won't follow any 'rules'. Do I have the right to stop my daughter staying with him until we have an agreement in place? He is erratic and abusive to me in front of our daughter, and I want to stop this happening again.

I shall be calling to discuss shortly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Great, thank you

It was a pleasure assisting you today.