Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My wife and I are divorcing. We have agreed to share the

My wife and I are divorcing. We have agreed to share the assets in a way that we are both happy with, but we don' to claim on each othere's pensions. Can this be reflectede in the consent order?t
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Just gone to a solicitor to look over the consent order and the financial information sheet. he has said the pension information has to be included, which could take up to a year to gather, plus the £3000 for each of us the the Teachers Pension agencvy charge
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Tameside, Greater Manchester
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that we are in full agreement with the financial agreement, and definitely dont want our pensions involved

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Can I just clarify - you are both in agreement not to claim from each others pensions but want this decision finanalised?

also can i ask if you have any children?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Correct about the pensions being left out of it. Both fully agreed .No dependents .All grown up and flown the coop

Thank you.  You can agree what you like between you, just get it into the consent order and sealed/rubberstamped by the court.

There is absolutely no reason why any pension figures could not be estimated if you are simply agreeing that each of you keep your own.

The simplest consent order is that each person keeps all the assets which they currently possess and that would include pensions.

I can’t help feeling that the solicitor is trying to prolong the agony here because he gets paid for it.

I would suggest you TELL the solicitor what you want and TELL the solicitor that’s what you want to go to the court and that if the judge wants those figures, then the judge can ask.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.