Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

My daughter is now needing a conveyancing solicitor to enact

Hello Peter.My daughter is now needing a conveyancing solicitor to enact a transfer of of equity with her existing mortgage provider from joint to her sole name.Her quotes she is getting are for a remortgage.But she is not remortgaging. She is staying with her existing lender and merely putting the mortgage in her sole name.Is the work involved the same as a remortgage and therefore the fee will be the same? Please advise?

Good afternoon

Even though she is not changing her lender, the fact that it is going from joint names into a sole name would change the mortgage - so it would be considered a re-mortgage and transfer of equity transaction.

Hope this helps.