How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 601
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

My daughter is now needing a conveyancing solicitor to enact

This answer was rated:

Hello Peter.My daughter is now needing a conveyancing solicitor to enact a transfer of of equity with her existing mortgage provider from joint to her sole name.Her quotes she is getting are for a remortgage.But she is not remortgaging. She is staying with her existing lender and merely putting the mortgage in her sole name.Is the work involved the same as a remortgage and therefore the fee will be the same? Please advise?

Good afternoon

Even though she is not changing her lender, the fact that it is going from joint names into a sole name would change the mortgage - so it would be considered a re-mortgage and transfer of equity transaction.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Madhu Pal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you