SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Will be there any cost charged to my friend due

Will be there any cost charged to my friend due tonadjournment

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. This is the difficulty - if the court thinks that the costs of adjourning are too high, they will not adjourn. The court has to take into account the fact that the other party will have instructed a solicitor/barrister for the hearing, that the court has listed the matter for two days and will need to find a further two days to re-list if adjourned, that those dates will need to coincide with the judge to ensure continuity. So, whether there will be any costs from an adjournment will depend on whether the adjournment actually is sanctioned or not. The court may decide, in the light of the type of hearing, that they will proceed without your friend being there.

The court may also expect the adjournment application to be made formally on form C2, which costs £215.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But application is not possible as haring is monday 10 am and he is hospital
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Without my friend how is it possible bcz its FFH cross exam etc
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My friend doesnt hv solicitor as he is representing himself

It was 4 pm when you asked and I specifically said to contact the court NOW, i.e. immediately. Unfortunately if you did not do that, then you will have to wait until Monday at 9 am.

I think there is less chance of the hearing being adjourned.

The court can make findings against him even if he's not there.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Make findings against.... what for ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Im asking info.... im not the one who has to make applications etc... i just pass advice

You said it was a fact finding hearing. If the court does not adjourn, and your friend doesn't attend, then the court can make findings in his absence.

The advice is the same whether it's you or your friend - you can pass the information on. He needs to apply on Monday as it is too late now, though he could still put in his application by email today and then phone the court at 9 am on Monday.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If he does put now... how to make payment of application and which form pls send a link

The court will contact him for payment.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/954471/c2-eng.pdf

All the best.

Have a good evening.