RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Child maintenance payments I am currently paying child

Child maintenance paymentsI am currently paying child maintenance for my nine-year-old in the UK. His mother is relocating to Spain with him. Do I still have to pay child maintenance payments when the child relocates to Spain in August?

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the question.   The simple answer is yes.   As a parent you have an (enforceable) duty to pay for your child no matter where they reside or how much time you spend with them.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your quick response. Can the child maintenance service in the UK enforce this?

Yes they can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think that just about wraps it up. Thank you.

I wish you all the best.