Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

My date of birth was updated incorrectly in my school and I

Customer Question

Hi Experts. My date of birth was updated incorrectly in my school and I continued with that because I was not aware as to how I could change it. Can I change my date of birth now? If yes then please let me know the procedure...
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can wait
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Could you confirm if you were born in the UK? If so Do you have your birth certificate and is the date on that correct or incorrect?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was born in India
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Ok and when did you come to the UK? Is the documentation issued from India incorrect?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I came to uk on 21st of feb 2011. All my certificates are having the incorrect one that was updated in school. I had to mention the one updated in my certificates as I didn’t or don’t have any other proof.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Ok. What visa did you come to the UK with and what is your status?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am a British citizen now with the same details as in my certificates I received citizenship certificate and about to apply for passport. Just wanted to know if I can change it now otherwise I will proceed with based on citizenship certificate.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

When did you discover that the documentation was incorrect? Was this disclosed at all during your visas? Usually you would need to update your biometric cadd using a change of circumstances form and explain and provide evidence of the error.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

To make amendments to your certificate a guide can be found here:-

https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citizenship-certificate

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Apologies this was the link:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/correct-a-registration-or-naturalisation-certificate

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I came to know through my relatives after a thorough enquiry a couple of months ago but I don’t have any proof now.
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

If theres no documentary proof then it will be difficult to change and may also cause concerns about fraud if you are now changing the date. If you want to proceed you need to complete the forms sent and provide evidence of the error from a hospital or government body that has the correct date in their possession, word of mouth is not enough.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I understand and thank you for the information. I will try to get the information from the hospital that I was born in. I would like to know whether UK Deed poll is sufficient to add my middle name or to change name legally?
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 16 days ago.

Here is a guide for change of name:-

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll