How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3482
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

My ex has my children and has alleged one of them has said

Customer Question

My ex has my children and has alleged one of them has said something about me and he has taken it to the police, I cant find anything out over the phone as my identity cant be verified and he is in a different county to me so this is also making things difficult i just want to know what the allegation is and when i can see my children again. The early help team is currently involved but also cant give me any answers.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

My answer is based on the children residing in the UK if that is not the case then you may need help form a different lawyer.   The police may be reluctant to provide the information especially if they cannot verify your identity, for obvious reasons.  I would look at providing them with the proof they require as soon as possible.  However, by process the police are unlikely to telly what accusations have been made before they have had the opportunity to investigate this.  You ex. partner will be withholding contact from you on the basis of safeguarding.  What you will require to do is get the matter to court and obtain an order providing you with contact.  Prior to this being granted, the court will likely instruct cafcass, to do what is called a section 7 report.  This is when they will look into all matters and accusations etc. and also speak to the child/children and listen to what they have to say.   Once this report has be submitted to the court, the judge will consider all other evidence and what you and the other parent have to say.   Based on this information,  the judge will make a decision one what is going to happen.  If contact is ordered between you and the children or they have to reside with you moving forward then this will be legally enforceable.  These can be quite complex issues and if possible I would advise instructing a solicitor to represent you.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.