Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I am looking for some information about a care home claim.

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking for some information about a care home claim. My nan who is now deceased was at a home but due to their inadequate care her health deteriorated faster and there is a long list of things that happened when there but when I try to speak to solicitors or enter a claim there doesn't seem to be enough for them to take it so I am looking for advice of how to sue the home.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

You may bring a claim on behalf of your deceased Nan's estate for personal injury against the defendant care home for which their Insurers will be “on risk” and pay any damages and costs settlement or court award in your favour.

You should instruct a firm of specialist claimant personal injury solicitors who will be able to act for you on a Conditional Fee Agreement Basis (“CFA”) (“No-Win, No-Fee”) whereby you will not have to pay your own legal costs if you lose the claim, but if you are successful, the defendant’s insurers will pay your legal costs as well as your damages.

Your solicitors will be able to take you through the claims process and arrange expert medical opinion of your Nan's medical records and the care home's practices to determine whether the care home caused her death through negligence.

You have three years to issue court proceedings from the date of your Nan's death.   Therefore, if you are going to bring a claim, I recommend that you act as soon as possible by instructing claimant personal injury solicitors.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd