How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3051
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a granson who I cannot see my son has nothing to do

Customer Question

I have a granson who I cannot see my son has nothing to do with me but I need to see my granson it's hurting me I have had drink issues but my son has had drug issues and I believe he is still using them
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I don't know how to
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in tamworth Staffordshire my son lives in Hurley Warwickshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I have been up front with you about my drinking but I would never see my granson under the influence
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

Hi there,

Only people with parental responsibility, for example parents, step-parents or guardians can make an application for a Contact Order. Whilst grandparents rights are limited they can, however, apply for permission (leave) to apply for a Contact Order and the courts will consider the following:

  • The applicant’s connection with the child.

  • The nature of the application for contact.

  • Whether the application might be potentially harmful to the child’s well-being in any way.

Grandparents can apply for a Contact Order through the court to gain access to your grandchildren by filling C100 application form.

They can apply online by using the below web link-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 10 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.