How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3479
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I am on police bail and my husband is not allowing my

Customer Question

Hello, I am on police bail and my husband is not allowing my access, he doesn't have rights to do so. What are my options?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

I am assuming you are meaning access to children.  If this is the case, there is no law in place which prevents him to do this.  However, if he is not willing to allow you access then in the first instance you should try family mediation to try and resolve any issues which are causing this situation.  This is a service which is assisted by professional mediators. If the other party is not willing to engage or mediation is not successful, you can look at applying to the court for an order to put legally enforceable contact back in place.  You will do this by way of a form C100 in the family court.

To find a mediator in your local area, use this site :

In order to apply to the court, you will need to fill out and send form C100 with a cheque of £215 payable to HMCTS to your local family court centre. Or you can ring the court and pay over the phone (or pay in person if you go directly to the court and pay at the counter). If you are on low income/have low savings you can apply for a fee exemption here:

Once you apply the court will list a hearing where you and your ex attends. There will be a family advisor there too (from Cafcass) and if arrangements can be agreed then a consent order will be drawn up.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He made false allegations, he is the abuser, so I made a separate claims about him.... I don't want to go to court yet as I hope I will be released without bail soon. What are my options during the bail
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

This will depend on the bail conditions, however in terms of contract then the same as above would apply.  I appreciate that you don't want to court as most people will want to avoid this, unfortunately this is not always avoidable.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But I need to make the first step
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What is the first step
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

The first step is to try mediation as outlined above, if that does not work then I would move forward with court action.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do I need a lawyer or mediator?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

In the first instance you want to try mediator you will find a service using the link I have provided above.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How long does court grant non molestation order if a police allegations are made ?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

These can be done in one hearing but it depends how busy the court etc is.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
For 14 days initially?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Then I will need a lawyer to fight back and prevent it be done permanently?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello ?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

That is not for me to say I am afraid it will depend on what the judge feels is relevant given the evidence presented in the situation.