How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

How to get full custody for my child?

Customer Question

How to get full custody for my child?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Who currently has care of the child? How old is the child? Have you previously had full care of the child, and if yes, why do you not currently have full care?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My child is 5 years old. He is currently leaving with me(mum). 3 years ago, when I split up with her dad, we was agreed with that our son is visiting dad few days in a week. But it’s not works. I am worried about my son health, when he is at dads he is always tired, sometimes not attending the school. Was talking about that’s with my ex, but looks like he is not understanding.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

If parents cannot agree on the child arrangements either one can take the matter to court, however first they will have to do a MIAM (mediation) which is a legal requirement before a court will accept an application. See the C100 form for more information on the MIAM and to check if you meet any of the limited exceptions for attending. If mediation takes place, hopefully you will reach an agreement, if it doesn’t, the mediator will sign the C100 and you can apply to court.

The application is made on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless the applicant is on a low income or benefits in which case they may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes: