How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3433
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Thank you for your answer but he doesn’t have any money only

Customer Question

Thank you for your answer but he doesn’t have any money only what we send him weekly he doesn’t have any money in a house or in bank as she got him bankrupt before he was arrested
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My son is in prison in 2014 his wife wants a divorce now will he have to pay for this or can she claim from us as we are pap we have to send him some money and she also wants to change the children’s names can she do that
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the confirmation, this is outside the scope of my expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to pick this up.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 7 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  RJM Law replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  Although he is in prison, he will still have matrimonial assets, this includes any monies his partner may have.  Depending on the circumstances, he may be entitled to legal aid.

Legal aid is available to some people but this will depend on the issues being dealt with in the case and the applicant’s financial position. However, legal aid can be available to some people. No lawyer will be able to say if you will be entitled to legal aid or not, as each case is dealt with on and individual basis. What you will have to do is look for local relevant solicitor (most firms have them) who will accept legal aid then ask them to represent you and make an application for legal aid accordingly on your behalf. I can provide a link to help you find one or you can do a simple google search. Your instructed solicitor will help you complete the legal aid application, this will then be assessed by the legal aid board and it will be them who make a decision as to whether or not you will qualify for legal aid for the case/claim.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.