How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8313
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have 2 children who are n long term care. They were taken

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have 2 children who are n long term care. They were taken from there dads and I was made to sign section 20 after they had been removed. our case was neglected for app 9/10 months and then we were told they were going for adoption despite no work being done. then they done assessments on there dad but not me they were going to return to there dads care but this never happened. I removed my consent in writing but this was ignored. Case went to court even tho I had no assessments done and sw saying that my parenting was never a issue.. I was told the case was finished with when infant it was not and I now don't see my children.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I just get ignored
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Has there been a final order in care proceedings and when was this if so?

Why do you no longer see them, did the judge make any findings against you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My lawyer lisa rae wasn't returning my cools despite me calling constently soi approuched a new lawyer colin simpson it was him who told me that Lisa had said the social works lawyer said case was finished. I tried to speak with sw but all I got was they would let me known when it was. The sw then ranfg me and said it was that same dau Due to this have no parental rights but no there was nothing found against me. They have even said they haven't treated Or dealt with my case correctly..
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

This sounds very odd. Can you tell me when the case concluded and were you given a copy of the final order by your lawyer at the time?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It was 2017 and no I wasn't.. I'm despereate to see my children and they are always asking to see me. My mum still sees them.. I have not been treated correctly st all. I have asked for all paperwork and been tiled no
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

I see. Again this is very odd.

What you need to find out is what reason the local authority gave for not returning your children to your care.

You need to know this as if you are going to apply to court for contact and/ or to get them home, you have to show that whatever they were saying about you back in 2017 no longer applies.

This is what you will have to work with - even if you don't accept that what was said at the time was true. It's been 4 years now and as such you should be able to show that you are a different person from the person they say you were back then.

Are you wanting them to come home or are you just looking for contact to see them at this moment in time? It might be better to start by applying for contact before making an application to overturn the court order, as if you can establish a relationship with them again that is a big positive.

You would need to make a c100 application for contact, filing an additional c15 form as they are in care. The forms are here:



The cost to apply is £215, but you can also possibly get a fee exemption if you are on low income/have low savings.

For this you would need to fill out a fee exemption form:

I hope that this helps you today?

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

I didn't hear from you but I hope that you found the information above helpful.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you very much. I will call the sw and lawyer I was either to they n get information needed. I'll get bk to u tomorrow ..
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Of course, happy to help.

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello. I have been trying to contact the social worker on her mobile i keep getting her voicemail so I rang the office again voicemail. I sdked to get put through to her team leader and was refused that I will be called bk. Still not had a call back and still getting voicemail.. I've been trying for 3month to contact her about another matter also. Left messages been refused to spk to team leader don't knife what else to do
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

You'll have to make a formal complaint to the head of children's services at the council if they are refusing to discuss your children with you.

in the meantime, you can make the application for contact with your kids with the forms that I put in the links above (on 08/09/21).