RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

For JimLawyer ONLY JIm, The attached letter has just arrived

Customer Question

For JimLawyer ONLY
Good evening JIm,
The attached letter has just arrived by email from Willans. It seems that they do not wish to lie down! Could you tell me how to respond.
Many thanks, ***** ***** you are well.
David
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you as it seems the other expert is not responding, I have had a look over the letter.  The other side seem to be giving some indication they are willing to resolve the issue, by attending the property.  I would suggest you allow them to do so.  You are also going to need to gather evidence (this can be an independent expert report etc.) to show your claim, as. stated in the letter you have not provided any evidence to support your position.  The reason I advise this is that if you go to court and have not used every endeavour to mitigate the matter, and also provide no evidence to support your claim then your claim will fail.  Furthermore it will be viewed as have little or no chance of success (especially if you do not provide evidence) if this is found to the be the case then the other side may be successful in seeking a costs application against your leaving you liable for their legal fees.  Therefore the best advice I can give is to take them up on the offer of looking into the matter by attending the property and also gather some evidence to support your claim.   I note they have also stated they have made a settlement offer to drop hands, depending on your position following their inspection, this perhaps something you may wish to consider if you cannot obtain any evidence.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you RJM.
However JimLawyer knows the background and I would be grateful if you could find out what his view is as this has beengoing on for several months.
David
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Hi David, I will leave the question open if he wishes to pick it up.