JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I got divorced on the 16th July. This was done online and

Customer Question

Hello, I got divorced on the 16th July. This was done online and was resolved quickly. The agreement between my ex wife was that she gave me £15k and half the solar panel income until the miss sold solar panel claim goes through then she would give me half of the claim money and I would have nothing to do with them in future.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: St Helens
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I contacted a solicitor and I was advised to be more selfish and said finances are still live so I could claim. Eon have breached contract by changing the contract to her without my permission. I have told them to change it back
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 13 days ago.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and financial matters so I'd be happy to offer some guidance. First and foremost, do you and your ex-wife actually have a written agreement (a clean break/consent order) between you? Secondly, have EoN responded to your claim - even to acknowledge? Thanks, J
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 12 days ago.
Hello. I note that you didn't respond to my initial reply to your question. For the record, the starting point for any financial division following divorce is a 50:50 split of all matrimonial assets. Although you and your wife would need to have financial disclosure to find out how much solar panel income she received, you are technically entitled to 50%. I'm afraid this information is only very general. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards, J