How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My son is 9, in the beginner of the year I started mediation

Customer Question

My son is 9, in the beginner of the year I started mediation or try as I wasn’t getting access to see my child. The mother said no to mediation so I had a solicitor and try a consent order which was additional days to see my son. This hasn’t work and now my son doesn’t want to see me or my family and is alienating me and showing no emotional affection towards myself or other member of my side of the family which is the traits of parental alienation and the only communication I have at the moment is through text. What can I do ?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am just going to read through your initial post to see what your legal query is. I may have to ask you some additional questions before I am able to provide a response. Is that all right for you?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

If parents cannot agree on the child arrangements either one can take the matter to court, however first they will have to do a MIAM (mediation) which is a legal requirement before a court will accept an application. See the C100 form for more information on the MIAM and to check if you meet any of the limited exceptions for attending. As you have already tried mediation, the mediator may be prepared to sign your C100 form.

Be aware that at age 14 your son's wishes and feelings will be given a lot of weight in deciding whether or not he should spend time with you. The court will make a decision that is based on the child's best interests.

The application is made on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless the applicant is on a low income or benefits in which case they may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160.

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
At this point my son is 9 so will the court listen to his feeling or demands?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

If a s7 welfare report is ordered (very likely) then CAFCASS will speak to your child to ascertain his wishes and feelings. They will be of interest to the court, but not determinative.