How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3087
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am in a dilemma and want to find out about how i can

Customer Question

Good Afternoon
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am in a dilemma and want to find out about how i can organise regular visits with my daughter who is 11weeks old.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in Edgcott Buckinghamshire and my ex lives Syresham Northhants
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to negotiate visits but unfortunately my ex is very manipulative and changes the goal posts every 5 mins.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: one of her last texts stated she will only allow supervised visits, and is now stating she cant do any evenings/weekends but has offered me day visits during Monday to Friday. As i am a farm contractor this makes visiting almost impossible and she knows it
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,

you need to make arrangements order regarding your daughter

You and your ex-partner can avoid going to court hearings if you mutually agree on:

where the child will live

how much time he’ll spend with each parent

If you both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, you can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with your Ex- partner.

So, if you and your partner do not agree on where the children live, their custody & contact, and financial support you can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If you are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, you can apply to the court to decide and make a child arrangement order.

However, You must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for you before applying to a court.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

If the issue could not get resolved amicably or with the help of family mediators , then you need to apply for child arrangement orders by filling form C100.

For child arrangements orders please click the below web link-

Court will not force a contact arrangement upon you, if you have irregular working shifts or can not visit on weekdays.

The ideal situation is of course to be able to communicate with the other parent and to be flexible with your work schedule. It is important to be able to negotiate arrangements frequently and as often as is necessary depending your availability and work schedules.

Again, If you find it too difficult to make arrangements direct, mediation is an excellent way of discussing options and coming up with an agreement which works for everyone.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.