How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 24570
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I have to go to court on the 15th of September to fight for

This answer was rated:

I have to go to court on the 15th of September to fight for custody of my children and I need someone to represent me
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I have been trying to get legal aid sorted There's history of domestic abuse
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The court is in Chester but I reside in Leamington spa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My husband has submitted old news from a report made a year ago and has used my mental health as a weapon
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have evidence of domestic abuse

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

How old are the children?

are you divorced or divorcing?

and are you prepared to go to Police with evidence of his abuse?

Stuart J and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Female 10 and 6
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have police reports and domestic violence support records. I also have a letter from the criminal injury