MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

I have had a lady friendA for 12 years who is in a state of

I have had a lady friendA for 12 years who is in a state of terminal cancer and stays in my house. She has recently made a lady friendB with whom she arranged a power of attorney. I believe that B is attempting financial abuse. She has refused to obey A's instructions to make payments. She has sequestered A's cheque book and refuses to return it to its owner A. This leaves A unable to make payments she would wish to make
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wellington Telford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Attempted to point out she is incorrect and a thief of the cheque book
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A and B have bee good friends for a few years. This has deteriorated as a consequence of B's action
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good afternoon thank you for your question, I am sorry to hear of your friend's situation. Your friend can revoke the POA so that the lady has no power to act. In addition she can contact the bank and request a stop on that cheque book and order a new one for herself. You can also contact the Office of the Public Guardian who have a dedicated helpline for situations like yours and there is possible financial abuse.

Marian

Good morning please contact me again if you need further assistance.

MarianC,
Experience: Expert