How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8311
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Second opinion] Dear all, I am in Southampton, but have a

Customer Question

second opinion] Dear all,
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Southampton, but have a more generic question about a consent order
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i'm not sure your are an actual person or a computer generated answer machine.
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have a consent order from 2012 and i need to register it in Romania - they don't understand the English law and are asking me to get a judge to sign and stamp it as "final order" - how do i do that?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m happy to wait
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you.

Can you tell me, the copy that you have of the consent order - does it have a court 'stamp' on it? This would be a 'sealed' copy of a court order, which is really what they are seeking I think.

If not, have you contacted the court where the order was made directly? There may be a sealed copy of the order on the court file. Though it being from 2012, I couldn't be certain that the court will still have a copy of your file - the court would advise on this point directly.

I hope that this assists?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The copy I have is a certified copy of the original and it was stamped as certified copy last October (2020) and signed by the same judge. However, the tribunal in Romania is not satisfied with that. They seek another signature to confirm that it is a final order. I explained that in theory any court order could be appealed against and because of this very remote and unlikely possibility they seek this extra stamp and signature.How would I apply for that? Thank you
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for the confirmation. What you have is the best that you will be able to get - there isn't another level of certification above a stamped and signed copy.

What I will say is that the order can't be appealed after a 21 day period has expired unless the court specifically grants permission for an out of time appeal (very rare).

So the concern about appeal is perhaps misplaced.

I trust that this clarifies the situation for you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. I know this is logical and it makes sense to me, but it doesn’t stick with the Romanian courts. I’m at a loss. Thank you.
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Happy to assist. The only other possible avenue might be a legal opinion from a UK barrister about the watertight-ness of your court order.

Perhaps you could check with the court in Romania whether this would suffice. It may be a way to proceed.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter