Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

I am seperated from my wife following me having a nervous

Customer Question

Hello. I am seperated from my wife following me having a nervous breakdown and assaulting her. I have a restraining order following the conviction for ABH> We have a business which is failing because of my mental health. We are in mediation but the mediator is saying I am spending more than I am contributing to the joint account because I am paying for the business bills. I have managed to find a property to rent which means I cant contribute to the family hjome. My wife earns 4 times more than me and can afford the matrimonail home. I cant afford bith, she has made no effort to sell the property as she says none of this is her fault. Do I have to pay anything into the joint account as if I do I cant move out of my mothers and my mental health will end in something drastic. Can somebody help me pleas? My wife is demanding I pay for my share of what I have always paid but I cant
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No,
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: England. Am I allowed to spend money, even for this advice, fropm the joint account?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

In regards ***** ***** has your wife initiated divorce proceedings and/or financial proceedings?

The mediator cannot force you to do anything however it just encourages you both to come to an agreement/ arrangement without the need of going to court. If however you cannot reach an agreement then an application would need to be made to the court ( having firstly issued divorce proceedings hence my asking).

If you cannot afford to pay towards the home then you may need to consider a sale of the property, or transfer to her.