How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1314
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

Family law - Financial proceedings. After the decree

Customer Question

Family law - Financial proceedings. After the decree absolute is pronounced ( excluding the death incident) will I lose an entitlement to a pension share from my ex and other assets or it would remain unchanged ( as pre -decree absolute) and absolute only affects in the event of the death ?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Many thanks
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

The marital pot will be shared equally as a starting point. The percentage will depend on each person's needs

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
even after decree absolute is pronounced the share is unaffected unless in the event of death right ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
also are you aware of any tax implications on the house sell, sharing assets ( money) or pension sharing upon pronouncement of decree absolute ?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

Matters relating to marital assets are determined during the financial hearing after the divorce. An application for Ancillary Relief mist be made to sort out the finances after the divorce.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
when we say anicllary relief are talking about form A?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
are we talking about filing form A ?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 8 days ago.

Form E