Leyla Shahin-Mehrube
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube,
Experience:  Family Solicitor at WLH Solicitors
11825576

As I wrote to u before, can I get legal aid to help my Son?

As I wrote to u before, can I get legal aid to help my Son? as im trying to file a court case against his ex girlfriend for destroying my Sons life & pushing him to commit a Suicide???.
OverviewLegal aid can help meet the costs of legal advice, family mediation and representation in a court or tribunal.You’ll usually need to show that:your case is eligible for legal aid
the problem is serious
you cannot afford to pay for legal costs
You could for example get legal aid if:you or your family are at risk of abuse or serious harm, for example domestic violence or forced marriage
you’re at risk of homelessness or losing your home
you’ve been accused of a crime, face prison or detention
you’re being discriminated against
you need family mediation
you’re adding legal arguments or bringing a case under the Human Rights Act
You’ll usually need to show that you cannot afford to pay for this help. You may have to pay some money towards the legal costs of your case or pay costs back later.