How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1151
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

My wife and myself, are trustees for a property about to be

Customer Question

My wife and myself, are trustees for a property about to be sold. We hold 21.77% share for the girl, now 20 years, her blood mother and brother holds remaining. The girl was taken into care at 10 years via Court for abuse. What is the easiest way for us to pass benefit to this girl.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: We have had initial paper work supplied on Saturday by post but we have no idea who is the buyer or their solicitors.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Shirland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We ahve been asked to pay a fee £150 to start the ball rolling, but can be claim expenses back afterwards
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question, can you tell me how old the girl is now please and is she still in care?

Kind regards


Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Good morning please contact me again if you need further assistance.

Expert:  MarianC replied 13 days ago.

I will close this thread for now but hope to hear from you. If the girl is over 18 then she can receive the money, if she is under 18 then you will have to retain her share in a Trust account until she is of age.