Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

I purchased my home from the sale of my last I moved Ito the

Customer Question

I purchased my home from the sale of my last I moved Ito the new home with a new partner she said she required some security in case we split up. I put her name on the hous deeds it’s been two years ihave kept her financially in every way how do I stand with the property
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

Are you wanting to know what would happen in the event if you split up?

Also are you married or just co habitees?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Co habitees
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 10 days ago.

The property is currently in joint names so any debts or liabilities are joint. If any party wanted a sale it has to be done with the consent of the other, or if there is a dispute in regard the true ownership or contributions then an application would need to be made to the court under the Trusts of Land Act (TOLATA).

You should consider a trust deed and/or co habitee agreement to set out any agreed terms as rights of co habitees are not like married couples.