How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

NRI UK girl is being coaxed into court marriage in India.

This answer was rated:

NRI UK girl is being coaxed into court marriage in India. She went to India on 11th July and had her religious wedding in Chandigarh (Girls parents live there). The boy is from Jalandhar City in Punjab. The boy is a practicing Tantric and has disappointed many customers in UK who feel they have been mislead. The unmarried girl is 43years and the boy is 37 years old. The girl has large fibroids in her cervix and also due to her age she is unlikely to bear a child. The boy has convinced the girls that if she marries him then he can use his Tantric powers and make her pregnant. The religious marriage has been done on 18th July gone and no court marriage has taken place yet. The boy now insists for a court marriage so that he can come to UK. What can be done to prevent this sham marriage. This same boy has also approached another UK with a marriage proposal to come to uk but she turned him down. What can be swiftly done?
JA: What steps have the customers taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: They are due to shortly but do not wheter in Jalandhar of Chandighar.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do the customers live in?
Customer: Girl in Chandighar sector 21? and boy in Jalandhar City,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not at present

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will wait.

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

In regards ***** ***** this can only be taken by the family if they have concerns. If the girl is wanting to proceed whilst knowing all the facts, there is not much that can be done.

If there is proof of any criminality then the police should be called to investigate and to speak with the girl to be satisfied that she is not under duress.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Has she followed the correct protocols. Ie Religious marriage before court marriage. Notice of intention of marriage not given in a foreign country. Is that not considered criminal from immigration point of view.

I can only provide general advice and having not seen any documentation its difficult to advise. The notice of intention to marry should be given before the court marriage so if this has not been done then it is an issue in regards ***** ***** of the marriage. It is not a criminal offence.

Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience: Expert
Inderdeep and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should this sham marriage be reported to UK Immigration? How to do this? The purpose clearly here is to enter UK.