Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

My daughter is expecting a baby and she wants to know her

Hi. My daughter is expecting a baby and she wants to know her rights regarding father access from birth. Thanks
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No nothing. Its just verbal
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Nothing has gone to court yet. Her ex partner is saying he wants baby one week and mum has baby the other
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just want to know her rights ad mother

Thank you for your enquiry. I will be assisting you today.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website.

If you accept or request a call request pop up this will be subject to further charges. In addition if i cannot accept the same it will be with whichever expert that is available.

If i am required to look advise you on the contents of a legal document this will be subject to additional costs.

If i do not respond immediately it may because i am away but will respond to your enquiry.

We are legal experts and provide general advice to your enquiries. We do not provide legal representation nor can we act on your behalf.

If you require urgent legal representation you should contact either of the following:-www.citizensadvice.org.uk; solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk; www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can.

The parents should try and reach an arrangement in regards ***** ***** they cannot agree then an application will need to be made to the court.

If there are safety concerns or concerns in regard substance abuse then there is a basis to not allow contact or to have supervised contact, if not then the parties should try and come to an arrangement.

If they need help in coming to a decision they should contact a family mediator to assist and prepare an agreement for them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can the father of the baby expect to take new born child for a week at a time.

I am not available for calls sorry

Its not a reasonable request for a child to be taken away for a week at a time as a newborn.

The court would not make such an order for a newborn child as the baby needs it mother at such a small age.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also should baby be registered at mother's address or both parents

Its where the child is resident.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But the father wants it to be both adresses as he says it will be 50/50 where it lives

That is not necessary for any purpose, he only needs to be concerned that he is registered as the father.