How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3012
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I’ve recently become a victim of domestic abuse. I need to

This answer was rated:

I’ve recently become a victim of domestic abuse. I need to know my options but the phone services keep sending me around in circles
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No, I’m very much on the edge. Verbal and and emotional abuse are clear but but the violence has been restricted to throwing heavy objects.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: I know the location of the county court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have managed to remove my abuse from my property but he has a key and will hammer on my door if I’m not answering

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I need to know my options to protect myself and my pet. My Former partner has started mixing alcohol and Antidepessants. He is turning more violent.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I am sorry to hear of what you have been going through. The best option is for you to apply for both a non molestation as well as an occupation order. The non molestation order would prevent your ex-partner from being able to contact you or do anything that can otherwise be considered as harassing. The occupation order prevents him from being able to enter the house. If he breaches any of these orders he could be locked up.

You could apply for these here:

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will be calling you shortly.

Thanks for speaking with me today. All the best. I do hope your discussions with him can resolve concrns amicably.