SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I would just like some clarity please. I have been issued

Hi I would just like some clarity please. I have been issued with divorce papers via on online company and my partner has ticket that they want a financial order, we have agreed we don't want anything from each other there are no children or property involved, I asked for a clean break order is that what they are referring to?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My partner has gone through an online company and I have the papers to sign, u have also via email filled in a clean break order
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just wanted to clarify what the financial order section refers to

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Yes, a financial order, if there is nothing to split, or everything has been agreed, will simply be a clean break order. It is important to get a final order in place on the finances so that neither one of you can raise claims in the future.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.