Ask a Family Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.
1. You can apply for a fiance visa to get your boyfriend to come from India to marry you. This is a short duration visa which is issued solely for the purpose of allowing someone to come to the UK to get married. At the end of the visa, the person must leave the UK and apply afresh for a Family Visa to rejoin his spouse in the UK. The fiance visa is for six months but it may be extended for longer by making an application for Further Leave to Remain (M) applicatrion.
2. If you decide to go to India to get married, then once you are married, your Indian spouse will need to apply for a Family Visa to rejoin you in the UK. You need to show you have an annual salary greater than 18,600 pounds annually and provide evidence that you can support both of you in the UK. Here is a link to where you can apply for a Family Visa on the UK Government website Family visas: apply, extend or switch - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
3. You can no longer apply for a Residence Card also called an EEA biometric residence card (BRC). Instead you should apply for Settled Status. Here is a link to where you can apply for Settled Status Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status): Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
4. If you require any clarification or wish to share additional information, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.
5. If you have settled status, then the next thing you should consider is getting UK citizenship.