How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13378
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Hii, I have Portuguesa Passport now I living in UK almost 6

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have Portuguesa Passport now I living in UK almost 6 years, I am working in UK. But I don’t have residence card, how can I bring my boyfriend from India coming to UK marry with me, maybe I go to India marry with him and than both of us coming back to the Uk. What docoments solicitor need
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Now I living in UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: nat yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Now I working in factory

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  You can apply for a fiance visa to get your boyfriend to come from India to marry you.  This is a short duration visa which is issued solely for the purpose of allowing someone to come to the UK to get married.  At the end of the visa, the person must leave the UK and apply afresh for a Family Visa to rejoin his spouse in the UK. The fiance visa is for six months but it may be extended for longer by making an application for Further Leave to Remain (M) applicatrion.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How can I get my residence Card in Uk. Because I will to bring my coming to The UK.

2. If you decide to go to India to get married, then once you are married, your Indian spouse will need to apply for a Family Visa to rejoin you in the UK.  You need to show you have an annual salary greater than 18,600 pounds annually and provide evidence that you can support both of you in the UK. Here is a link to where you can apply for a Family Visa on the UK Government website Family visas: apply, extend or switch - GOV.UK (

3.  You can no longer apply for a Residence Card also called an EEA biometric residence card (BRC).  Instead you should apply for Settled Status. Here is a link to where you can apply for Settled Status Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status): Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - GOV.UK (

4.  If you require any clarification or wish to share additional information, I will be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.

Buachaill and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I haved settle status

5.  If you have settled status, then the next thing you should consider is getting UK citizenship.