plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Schedule

Schedule
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Give me ur opinion ref to a child contact after these fact finding outcome

Hello and thank you for the question.

I will review this as soon as I can, I am not at my desk currently. I will be back in touch at some point early afternoon. Thanks for your patience.

I would say that the findings are not very serious.

There are historical assault allegations found to be true on the balance of probabilities, but it is noted that no physical violence or threats are proven since the mother moved to Yorkshire a number of years ago. These are therefore not current and there is no current fear or threat of violence.

It's found that you called the mother derogatory names and "put her down" - this is the extend of the emotional abuse proven. This is very low level.

You are found to have sent unwanted messages/ made phone calls and visited without invitation around the period at the end of your relationship. There is no direct criticism of you in doing this, it's just noted that the mother did not want to hear from you.

The judge found that you had a historical gambling addiction.

Overall the findings are not findings that would lead to the court ordering no contact. In fact they are pretty 'mild' findings in my view.

I don't see that there are appeal grounds necessarily, mother may feel differently as the majority of her claims appear to have not been made out.

I trust that this assists?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Great
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Five star

My pleasure, and thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter