How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3088
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

My ex-wife and primary carer for our two children seems to

This answer was rated:

My ex-wife and primary carer for our two children seems to be refusing me access to them on our usual basis.
What can I do?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if there is any court orders in place regarding child arrangement /contact ?

And age of your kids?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There is no court order and the boys are 9 and 13

Thank you for your reply. I will be with you shortly.

Hi there,

If you and your partner no longer together and then you need to make arrangements order regarding your children.

You and your ex-partner can avoid going to court hearings if you mutually agree on:

where the children will live

how much time they’ll spend with each parent

how each parent will financially support children

If you both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, you can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with your Ex- partner.

So, if you and your partner do not agree on where the children live, their custody & contact, and financial support you can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If you are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, you can apply to the court to decide and make a child arrangement order.

However, You must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for you before applying to a court.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

If the issue fails to resolve amicably or via mediation services, then you can apply for child arrangement orders.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

For child arrangements orders please click the below web link-

Vineet S and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.