NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

Please I lost my copy of decree nisi and need it for my uni

Customer Question

hello please I lost my copy of decree nisi and need it for my uni proof of divorce
JA: What are the assets involved here? Are there any minor children?
Customer: no assets and no kids
JA: Where are you located? Divorce laws vary by location.
Customer: the divorce was done years back I love in London I have lost my copy
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that is all
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 16 days ago.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok great
If the divorce was finalised, you will require a copy of the decree absolute. This can be requested from the court where the decree was granted.
You will simply need to write to the court setting out the case number, the document you require and details of how you will make the payment of £10 for the copy.
For further details please use the following link https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order
I believe that answers your query. But feel free to ask follow up questions