How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8550
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I need up gent help the judge has said my soon should go in

Customer Question

I need up gent help the judge has said my soon should go in adoption but my circumstances changed as I am not with the baby dad anymore
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Are you in proceedings now or is this a final hearing?

Did the judge understand your position with the baby's dad?

Was this the only issue that social services had?

Do you have a lawyer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
We had a the final on the 3 rd of November
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No the judge did not
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No not now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i need help getting my son home
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Any 1 there
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

OK, as I said this is not live chat.

So the final order was made 13 days ago, you have 8 days left to appeal. Did you talk to your lawyer about an appeal?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

OK, what did they advise?

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

I ask this as obviously they know your case, and have represented you throughout the case. They have the benefit of a lot more information and context than I have - so their view is important to me being able to advise.

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Hello. Without the information I asked for, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. You can always come back to me for clarification if needed.

To appeal, and get your son home, you have to show that the judge made an error in fact, law or procedure in making their decision.

You only have 21 days to make this application.

The only people that can truly advise you on whether it is going to be worth pursuing are your lawyers that acted for you in the final hearing. A an outsider and by way of general guidance it is almost impossible to give a view as I don't have the wealth of knowledge of your case that your own lawyers do.

If you can't find grounds for appeal, you can challenge this again at the adoption order stage. By then (at leats 6 months away normally) you need to show that any concerns the court raised are no longer there, and you'll need evidence to back up your case if this is what you are saying to the court - such as GP's notes, counselling/ therapy, proof of income/ housing/ parenting assessments etc (depending on what the issues were in the recent court decision).

I trust that this helps.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter