JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Would a financial settlement with my ex wife be aloud if i

Customer Question

hi would a financial settlement with my ex wife be aloud if i did one on line .if not how much would one cost as i dont have a lot of funds left..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i live in england and i cant aford a solicitor any more
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have a deal for me to give her 30000
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i need this to be done asap
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for the question, I am reviewing the details now. I will aim to resolve it as quickly as possible for you.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

For a legally binding financial settlement you would need to have a consent order drafted and then sent to the family court for approval. A family court judge will only agree to endorse the draft order if you have both disclosed information about your assets (and liabilities), the terms of the order are fair (with reference to form D81 - a financial statement) and preferably, that you have both taken legal advice as to the terms. I appreciate you say you want this done quickly - the order would need to be drafter by a lawyer as the smallest mistake will mean the order is rejected.
I have looked online and this company seems to offer a reasonable fixed fee, and they also draft / check and file the order for you :
https://www.divorce-online.co.uk/divorce-services/consent-order-services/clean-break-consent-order-service/

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

I hope this answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please do let me know.

Many thanks,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Just a final note that I am free most days and would be happy to assist with any other queries you may have.

Best wishes,

Jim