SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

FOR SASH_Law ONLY

Customer Question

FORCustomerONLY
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Hello, how are you today?

Can you type up your query please? As you know, I may need to ask additional questions in order to help after I have read it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i got a court date back after sending in the application to the court, but the date is march the 10th months away the house has a leaking roof i took the steps to take it through the courts in the hope a judge would see my ex just dragging things on and would sign for me. Winters coming the roof is a mess will go through i have no money to fix without the mortgage by March may be too late
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

I recall stating that the judge may deal with it on the papers, but it has obviously been through the initial gatekeeping and for whatever reason the judge has decided to list it for a hearing - probably at the soonest available date as March is actually quite quick for applications at present. I was chasing an application today that was made in August and there's no sign of a hearing date yet...so you got a date really quickly, and not too far away.

But I know that doesn't really help you much with the roof not being secure at this time of year, so I'd suggest you write to the court - use the case number ***** have allocated which you'll find on the hearing notification, and ask the judge if he/she could potentially deal with the matter on the papers sooner than 10th March due to the precarious situation of the roof and the likely damage and additional costs that will arise if it is exposed to the winter extremes.

There's no surefire way to get this before a judge sooner - but writing and explaining clearly that there may well be extra costs involved due to damages, and that you will seek those costs from the other party, may nudge the hearing forward...and since you should copy the ex into the letter to the judge too, the mention that you will claim costs from her for any additional damage, might nudge her into signing.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thanks i will give that a go
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
could you check my letter please 1 page
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
let me know price to review one page when you have a mo just a simple letter to a judge thanks
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

It's okay, just post it up.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

You have to turn it into a PDF - my computer always indicate files from here besides PDFs are security risks, so I cannot open it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok pdf attached
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Change 'before 10th March' to 'within the next few weeks before the weather gets worse'.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ahh yes good idea many thanks
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you so much for using JA and allowing me to answer your query for you. If you have further questions about my responses above, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.

If you have questions on different topics, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading, or choosing me as your preferred expert from your membership page.

All the best!