Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I attended court with my daughter's mum, where we did a

Customer Question

I attended court with my daughter's mum, where we did a parenting plan before the hearing to share custody of the child. We agreed for long alternative weekends on our parenting plan for me to pick the child at 3 pm in school and drop back on Monday morning in school. I represented myself in court, and when her solicitor drew the agreement, he just wrote "alternative weekends "; now they are telling me I'm breaking the court order because it doesn't state I need to drop the child back to school; on Monday what can do?After our discussion on Saturday where you told me to return the child on Sunday, we made several attempts to have her dropped off, but mum did not reply, and i had to drop her in school on Monday morning. Since then, mum has now switched off the child's phone despite a court order being in place.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

The best option is to apply to vary the order to be more specific, you will need to fill in court form C79 available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c79-application-related-to-enforcement-of-a-child-arrangement-order

You can use the guidance here if you need help with this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/enforcing-a-child-arrangements-order-cb5

Send it to the court nearest to you that deals with cases involving children, you can find one here: https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/. It costs £215.

The court will look at the facts again to see if anything has changed, you can explain why it needs to be changed. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you very much and can you explain to me what it means to Vary a court order

It just means to change it in some way. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you. i am on section two of the application and cant find any option about vary the order can you guide

Tick an enforcement order then in section 7 you can explain about varying the order. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Happy to help, take care