How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 576
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I am in a process of divorce based on 2 years separation, we

Customer Question

I am in a process of divorce based on 2 years separation, we share a child. All solved with 50/50 and financial agreement between two of us.
But I am currently pregnant from my boyfriend and the child will be born under the marriage with my husband.
Which forms does my husband needs to apply to remove a parent responsibilities?And can this event create any other complications on my divorce?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I following UK law
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 15 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters so I'd be delighted to offer some guidance.I'm afraid I cannot take a call at this time of night. If you need to speak to somebody urgently, please let me know and I will opt out of this question and allow another expert to call you.When you register your baby's birth, you simply register your boyfriend under "father's name." This will mean he is the recognised father and he will have parental responsibility.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** law my husband is automatically become a responsible parent if we are still married, how can I secure his freedom?
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
Hello again. Please would you confirm if your current husband is actually wanting to treat the unborn child as his own? Even though, technically, when you have the child he would have parental responsibility, the practice is likely to be very different. I can't see he will want a relationship with a child that is not his. There are no forms that you can complete. If you wanted to take matters to extreme, you could make an application for a specific issue order to have parental responsibility removed from your soon-to-be ex-husband but that would cost you a lot of money. The cost would outweigh the benefit if your soon-to-be ex husband wants nothing to do with the child anyway.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
Furthermore, in law, he would not be responsible for child maintenance as he's not the biological father.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you!
And can the child from another person with 2 years separation agreement really change something in my husband’s financial responsibilities toward his daughter and me?
Our consent order is not finalized
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
Hello again. Your husband's financial responsibilities to you and your new baby would not be affected. Ultimately, your soon-to-be ex husband and you can only divide the matrimonial assets - the assets accumulated between YOU and HIM during the marriage. He has no financial responsibility towards the child.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
My pleasure and best wishes for motherhood. Thank you for your question and for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J