How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 194
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

How much time shouldn’t a father have access and sleepovers

Customer Question

How much time shouldn’t a father have access and sleepovers with their child. If i am working away 2-3 week’s a month. I am getting her 2 days a week, but would like her more
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: no they haven’t
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: in Aberdeen Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we are going to court soo over a different matter. I would see if mediation works first tho
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

There are no set rules on how much a father is entitled to see his child after separation. The law recognises that each case is different, and  each family may create their own arrangements to suit them.

However, some factors that are usually taken into consideration in making these arrangements are: (1) the age of the child; (2) the distance of the homes of the separated parents; and (3) the availability of the parents (their time and workload).

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

However, if the parents are not able to agree on a fixed child care arrangement, a family mediator is a good option to help reach a fixed arrangement for. A court order may also be obtained, however it is usually resorted to only after family mediation has been conducted.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 12 days ago.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything further.