How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 251
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

I'm marid but separate with my husband, he has a girlfriend

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** , I'm marid but separate with my husband, he has a girlfriend for over a year, and I think is about the time for me to get divorce, we do have a 9 year old boy and house together , I do look after the little boy 98% of the time, and leave in the house and pay all the bills on my own, my husband doesn't leave with us ! The problem is I can't afford to pay for solicitor ,is there any legal help I can have
JA: Was the house purchased during the marriage?
Customer: Yes , it is , I put the money for the deposit ,and we shared the bills for the first one year, and then I ask him to leave the house because of the way I was treated
JA: Were any marital funds used for the mortgage or property improvements?
Customer: I do have a bank statement to show that the money was transferred from my bank account in Bulgaria to his mother bank account and the she sent it to a joint account in here
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I believe, the resend behind, he didn't take a divorce yet is because next year is our remortgage , and his idea is the mortgage to be in both of our names, but me paying it , the problem is I'm a self employed and I don't think I'll be able to have morgage on my name , it will be lovely if I can have some idea of where I'm sending and what are the best options for me
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry i will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 12 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website alone.

If you request a telephone call with an expert it will be with whichever expert is available. Customer services will undertake this. This service is subject to additional charges and with whichever expert that is available at that time.

If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services.

We as experts only provide general legal advise. We do not offer legal representation or client/solicitor retainer.

If your enquiry requires me to read and advise on documentation this is a premium service subject to additional costs of which you will be advised.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider contacting any of the following organisations:-;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 12 days ago.

In regard the divorce itself you can do this yourself. A guide on what to do can be found below. You just need the original marriage certificate and details of the parties. You can submit this online but will need to pay the court fee. You can get help with paying court fees using the second link below:-

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 12 days ago.

In respect of the children and finances you can resolve this with each other via a process called mediation. You can then agree matters and record them in a document called a consent order which makes it legally binding. If mediation is not successful you can then apply to the court in respect of the finances and apply for an order. This is a form A application. You can submit this yourself and then instruct a solicitor at a later stage.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you