How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Inderdeep Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 255
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Inderdeep is online now

My partners wife, who left him 15 years ago, has been

Customer Question

My partners wife, who left him 15 years ago, has been underpaying child maintenance for the daughter she left behind & still refuses to divorce. What can we do
JA: When was the last payment made? How much is owed?
Customer: She pays £50 per week, but on checking on the Government Calculator it should be at least £64.
JA: Has a court order been entered for any unpaid child support?
Customer: No, she pays direct to her daughter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This may sound stupid, but I suffer from severe depression & she has stopped us from being able to get married for 13 years. Can I sue for mental cruelty
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your enquiry i will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 17 days ago.

Please note:

My replies will be in writing as i am not available for telephone calls.

I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website alone.

If you request a telephone call with an expert it will be with whichever expert is available. Customer services will undertake this. This service is subject to additional charges and with whichever expert that is available at that time.

If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services.

We as experts only provide general legal advise. We do not offer legal representation or client/solicitor retainer.

If your enquiry requires me to read and advise on documentation this is a premium service subject to additional costs of which you will be advised.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider contacting any of the following organisations:-;;

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 17 days ago.

In regard the child maintenance this has to be addressed directly with the CMS. You can request a review of the situation, however they have their own calculation so i cannot guarantee what their assessment will be.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 17 days ago.

In relation to the divorce your partner can petition. All that is required is the original marriage certificate and details of the parties. It can be done online and there is a fee payable. A guide on divorce and getting help with fees can be found below:-