How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3757
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I would like some advice after receiving a letter off my

Customer Question

I would like some advice after receiving a letter off my estranged wifes solicitor.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Sorry - I see that you are in Scotland and as such I have to opt out for a Scots law college to assist.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the question, obviously from the letter moving forward your ex wants you to have contact with your children at a contact centre.  They will be considering this a safeguarding issue.  You are under no obligation to accept this, however if you do not your ex may stop contact.  If that is the case you would have to use the ordinary cause procedure and intimate an initial writ to get a child welfare hearing.  At this hearing, a judge will listen to all the relevant facts and make an order in relation to how contact takes place.  Until there is a legal order you are not legally obliged to accept anything.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Does the solicitor have to respond within a certain time frame? It's been 30 working days since I responded.
Expert:  RJM Law replied 8 days ago.

There is no legal obligation to respond so you have time to think about what you want to do .

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I'm sorry, I mean does the solicitor have an obligation to reply to me within a certain timescale?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is anyone available here?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 4 days ago.

No unless there is a court order nobody has any legal obligations.