How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SS Legal Advisor Your Own Question
SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1087
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SS Legal Advisor is online now

I am divorcing my wife in an eu country. have a home under

Customer Question

I am divorcing my wife in an eu country.
JA: What are the assets involved here? Are there any minor children?
Customer: HI have a home under mortgage,she didn't helped me with money and.she.does not live here with me.
JA: Were any marital funds used for the mortgage or property improvements?
Customer: No,just my money from salary
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son is 20 years old and I have a car bought with my money
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 14 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.What is it exactly that you want to know?Kind regards
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What the law says about splitting assets when she didn't contribute with any money and she doesn't live here with me?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 14 days ago.
Well the courts take a rather liberal approach. Essentially, anything acquired during the course of the marriage is a martial asset and will be considered as part of any financial settlement.The best option is usually to agree a settlement before court.Kind regards
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If she legally declare that she doesn't want anything from my assets,will be helpful?
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 14 days ago.
That would be known as reaching a settlement.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If she is not on the deeds or on the mortgage plan,she still has wrighs?
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 10 days ago.
I am afraid so. It applies to all assets obtained during the marriage.