frantzgregory
frantzgregory,
80411141

I have a family law question...divorce actually

Customer Question

I have a family law question...divorce actually unfortunately....
JA: What are the assets involved here? Are there any minor children?
Customer: There are two buy to let properties one worth 250k plus with a 70k mortgage, which purchased the second btl outright. Current value of property 2 is about 75k. Our residential property is valued around 325k but has a mortgage of around 250k on it
JA: Were any marital funds used for the mortgage or property improvements?
Customer: We both have children, but none together. We have cohabited for 3 years with myself as the supporting earner.. all properties are in sole names (residential in mine, btls in hers) as we have only been married very short time...2 months unfortunately.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just want to know the position of the assets and if the short period of marriage is a factor?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question, I appreciate that it is important that you find the appropriate answer as soon as possible.
Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. I will do my best to answer your question in the best possible way, I would kindly ask that you give me a moment to review your question and I will revert to you as soon as possible

You can only get divorce after over 1 year of marriage. The length of the marriage will be taken into account when deciding the financial share.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Ok thanks I understand...I was asking for an opinion though on the state of the assets...it would seem likely that due to short term of marriage all assets just split as they were owned previously is that right?

Usually split 50 50 depending on each person's need.