How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8555
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

If she is here today - please I would like to ask my

Customer Question

If she is here today - please I would like to ask my question to SASH_Law ONLYHello Sash, I had an other quick question? To prepare my files to provide to a solicitor if this become necessary, what kind of document would I need to get to get everything to help me in my favour?
Letter from friends and family ready to help me if needed? and what should it be state in this documents?
Letter from my parent offering me an apartment free of rent to stay ?
Proof of contract?
Proof of all document signed by the dad of the children?
anything else I could think about?
Thank you very much
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
To recap -
I just had a job offer in belgium and would like to move there with the children.
I offer to the dad to join us every 2 week to do home working from belgium as he work for uk company.
Initially he was fine with the idea and now showing resistance about it.
I am trying to sort that our amicably
however I would like to get a files ready to go to court and will get solicitor involve.What kind of files shall I get ready - to get prepared before to contact solicitor?
What kind of chance I have from the court to win and go to work with the kids?
What kind of chance the court say ... "what ever you do it s 50%-50% child care between the parent - and therefore I won't be able to follow my career in Belgium - so what could I do
thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will need answer today - so it s ok if SASH is not there and speak to someone else
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Good morning.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Any decision that the court makes in relation to children is based on their best interests. The court won't impose a 50/50 shared care arrangement if you are going to live in another country, but the judge would have to be convinced that your planned move is in the best interests of the children and that contact with their father can be maintained in a positive way when you have moved. If you are the main carer for the children and have been to date, you have a good starting point.

Further, if the children are older than 10, then their views will be taken as an important factor. They will still be asked what they think by Cafcass if they are younger than 10, but their views become more persuasive the older they are.

If dad is resisting, you will definitely need to present a clear case that this will be good for the children.

All manner of evidence could be used - obviously the logistics are important, but also so are the welfare arguments.

You need to have researched schools, the local area, activities, opportunities for being outdoors - for example.

There's also the benefit of immersing a child in another culture, and the advantage of learning two (or possibly 3) languages.

You need to show how you will be supported in the move and plan for contact with the wider family in the UK if you have them here too.

I trust that this helps?

Can I clarify anything further for you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

I didn't hear from you, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am the main carer - but not the bread feeder!
I reduce my hours to look after the children for the last 9 years
and my husband make me accept the redundancy offer last sept to agree to move to belgium, we even got the pre-inscription signed by both kept at the school in belgium for the kids to start school last January - but he never done any move to try to fine a job. is this can play?My parent will offer me a free accommodation next to they house for the time being, they have a huge property (3 football pitch)I already club sport and after school club for both children,I have a lot friends and family who can help if I needed,I offer to the dad to join us every 2 weeks - for the time he find a job Belgium,I will be willing to travel to bring the children to family even and school term to meet up with the dad side grand parents,Could I ask my friends and parent to write letter for me to accept to help me is needed? to support to the file?
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Yes I would suggest that letters in support will help. If this is going to court as a specific issue application you have to make the case yourself in writing though, in a position statement to accompany that application. You would then attach any supporting documentation to this statement.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will preferably take an solicitor to represent me, but I prefer to get all information up front
thank you very much for your advice
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

My pleasure, very happy to have helped.