How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5964
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have completed a divorce and the financial element was

Customer Question

I have completed a divorce and the financial element was completed in Dubai and then reposted and completed again the UK. It was intended that the UK case would supersede the dubai one and that the dubai was to be removed and given as an undertaking. Months have gone by and this has Not been completed by the other party. The result is that I need technically to pay the dubai money in dubai and the uk money in the uk, obviously doubling my requirements. So the other party is refusing to remove the dubai element and is gaining from the best parts of each law. I need to issue enforcement in the uk for the dubai element to be removed as per the undertaking. What form do I complete to have this submitted to the court and how to make it urgent.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Hi thank you for your patience. The UK courts would not normally have jurisdiction over judgments secured in the UAE. If this undertaking was in writing as in a consent order in Dubai then I would expect that you would have catered for this type of situation where the other party may not fulfil their undertaking. You ought to enforce that breach in Dubai courts. I can only imagine you wanted separate proceedings in the uk due to properties in the UK otherwise the undertaking and agreement just doesn’t seem fit for purpose or enforceable. You should still be able to file for financial settlement here for those elements in the UK ( I am assuming England and Wales here as Scotland has different laws) without duplicating on settlement.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.